All Nature in Nuwara Eliya District
- Laxapana falls is a waterfall located in Maskeliya area of the Nuwara Eliya District in Central Province, Sri Lanka. It is a picturesque waterfall formed by the Maskeliya Oya upstream which is a tributary of Kelani Ganga. Laxapana falls is 126m in height and it is the eighth highest waterfall in Sri Lanka. This amazing waterfall is also located in an attractive location which has many hidden caves and natural tunnels. The most convenient route to the Laxapana falls is the Hatton – Maskeliya road. You can go to the top of the waterfall by taking a by road and enjoy a spectacular view of the surrounding Laxapana valley. To get the direction to the Laxapana falls, type your current location in the text box below the location map in the sidebar. Click here to find a list of accommodations around Maskeliya, Sri Lanka on Booking.com. External Links Laxapana: A majestic waterfall – Sunday Observer Let This Pearl to Refresh & Restore You – Laxapana Waterfall – Daily Mirror
- The Devon Falls is located in the Nuwara Eliya District of Central Province, Sri Lanka. The waterfall is 97 meters high and it is the 19th highest waterfall in Sri Lanka. The waterfall is a part of the Kothmale Oya, a tributary of the Mahaweli River. The Devon Falls can be easily seen from the Avissawella – Hatton – Nuwara Eliya road (see the map for the most suitable viewpoint). The St. Clairs Falls located close to this waterfall.
- This is a very beautiful waterfall located in the Nuwara Eliya District of Central Province, Sri Lanka. The waterfall is a part of the Kothmale Oya, a tributary of the Mahaweli River. The St. Clairs Falls can be easily seen from the Avissawella – Hatton – Nuwara Eliya road (see the map for the most suitable viewpoint).
- Mandaram Nuwara is a beautiful small village located in Nuwara Eliya District of Central Province, sri Lanka. It is in the foothills of Piduruthalagala Mountain. The village is colloquially known as “mist city” as it is shrouded in mist majority of the day. At one end of the village there is a waterfall called Kolapothana Ella. Mandaram Nuwara
- Thotupola Kanda is the third highest mountain in Sri Lanka and the highest point of which is 2,357m above mean sea level. The mountain belongs to Nuwara Eliya District of Central Province and it is located in the Horton Plains. The name “Thotupola” (in Sinhala) has the meaning of “port (or airport)” and there is a belief that, this name related to the legend Rama-Ravana. According to the legend the king Ravana (Sri Lankan) has used some kind of flying machine and he has landed it in this mountain while kidnaping of Sita (Rama’s wife) to take revenge from Rama.
- The Ambewela New Zealand Farm is one of the dairy farms managed by “Lanka Milk Food” company. The farm is located in Nuwara Eliya District of Central Province, Sri Lanka. It is open to visitors and you can see the milking process at 12.30 pm every day. The road to the farm traverse through a landscape with eye-catching grasslands.