Udawattakele is a natural forest located in the middle of the Kandy City, behind Sri Dalanda Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic). The forest is 257 acres in area and has a long history dating back to many centuries. There is a large verity of birds, animals, and butterflies belonging to various species in the forest. you can find a variety of trees including talipot trees, olive, cinnamon, rattan cane, bo-trees, kitul palms, jak, mara, betel nut, areca nut, Nuga, Pihimbiya, Niyaghala, Walla, Mee, Etamba, Sapu, Malaboda and Mahogany in this forest.
The Udawattakele forest reserve which had been used as a royal park during the reign of the Kandyan kings was declared a forest reserve by the British by an extraordinary gazette notification under the Forest Conservation Ordinance.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Nearby Locations
- Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, CHECK IT OUT
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)