This picturesque location became popular over the social media from 2017 onwards. The water body is crystal clear and it is a great place to take colorful photographs. A lot of local travelers attract to this location as the breathtaking photographs shared in social media. It is in the Rangala village which is about 20km away from the Theldeniya town and about 42km away from the Kandy City. The pool is a part of the Kotaganga Stream, and that can also be viewed from the Kotaganga bridge.
Although it is so attractive, there is a hidden danger of Rangala Natural Pool. The pool is more than 30ft deep and a number of deaths have been recorded after this place became popular in social media. As such it is extremely advisable to avoid bathing in the deeper part of the pool.
Alternatively, you can take the footpath at the side of the bridge to walk along the stream to see the natural beauty of it.
Photo Credit: team_journey
- Nearby Locations
- Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, CHECK IT OUT
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)