Meemure is a village in Kandy district in Central province of Sri Lanka. It is located near the border between Kandy District and Matale District in the Knuckles Mountain Range. The village is rich with natural beauty. The Lakegala mountain, which is part of the Knuckles Mountain Range is also located in Meemure. According to the legend, Lakegala is the place King Ravana landed his historical airplane called Dandu Monara.
- Nearby Locations
- Meemure is a village in Kandy district in Central province of Sri Lanka. It is located near the border between Kandy District and Matale District in the Knuckles Mountain Range. The village is rich with natural beauty. The Lakegala mountain, which is part of the Knuckles Mountain Range is also located in Meemure. According to the legend, Lakegala is the place King Ravana landed his historical airplane called Dandu Monara.
- This picturesque location became popular over the social media from 2017 onwards. The water body is crystal clear and it is a great place to take colorful photographs. A lot of local travelers attract to this location as the breathtaking photographs shared in social media. It is in the Rangala village which is about 20km away from the Theldeniya town and about 42km away from the Kandy City. The pool is a part of the Kotaganga Stream, and that can also be viewed from the Kotaganga bridge. Although it is so attractive, there is a hidden danger of Rangala Natural Pool. The pool is more than 30ft deep and a number of deaths have been recorded after this place became popular in social media. As such it is extremely advisable to avoid bathing in the deeper part of the pool. Alternatively, you can take the footpath at the side of the bridge to walk along the stream to see the natural beauty of it. Photo Credit: team_journey
- Kallebokka viewpoint is one of the best viewpoints in Sri Lanka which gives 3600 magnificent views of the Kandy, Matale and the beautiful Knuckles Mountain Range. From the viewpoint, you can also see the Sembuwatta Lake, Huluganga valley, Hunnasgiriya, Makulussa Mountain, and Dumbara Mountain range etc… The viewpoint is located in the highest peak of the Kallebokka estate which belongs to Sri Lanka State Plantation Corporation. The estate is located between Kabaragala and Madolkele on the boundary of the Kandy and Matale District. Therefore it can be accessed from both Mathale and Kandy directions. However, the route from Matale to Kabaragala is better in terms of the scenic view. The last part of the road to the peak is a bit difficult and Bikes and 4WD are recommended. Photo Credit: team_journey External Links උඩරට කඳුකරයේ සැබෑ මිහිර විඳින්න රාජ්ය වැවිලි සංස්ථා නිල නිවෙස් වෙත එන්න – සිළුමිණ දුම්බර වන පෙතේ සැඟවුණු ‘‘දෙවැනි’’ කිරිගල්පොත්ත
- Udawattakele is a natural forest located in the middle of the Kandy City, behind Sri Dalanda Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic). The forest is 257 acres in area and has a long history dating back to many centuries. There is a large verity of birds, animals, and butterflies belonging to various species in the forest. you can find a variety of trees including talipot trees, olive, cinnamon, rattan cane, bo-trees, kitul palms, jak, mara, betel nut, areca nut, Nuga, Pihimbiya, Niyaghala, Walla, Mee, Etamba, Sapu, Malaboda and Mahogany in this forest. The Udawattakele forest reserve which had been used as a royal park during the reign of the Kandyan kings was declared a forest reserve by the British by an extraordinary gazette notification under the Forest Conservation Ordinance. External Links Udawattakele – Daily News
- Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. It is located in the royal palace complex of the former Kingdom of Kandy, which houses the relic of the tooth of the Buddha. Sri Dalada Maligawa, possibly the most sacred Buddhist temple for all Buddhist in the world. External Links UNESCO Record www.sridaladamaligawa.lk
- The Bahirawakanda Buddha Statue can be seen from many places of the Kandy City. The statue is 88 feet in height. The temple is located 1km away from the Kandy Clock tower (2km away from Sri Dalanda Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic)).
- Hanthana mountain range is consist several mountains and highest is 3800 ft. The mountain range is lies in the Kandy District of Sri Lanka. This is a famous mountain range among mountain hikers, specially among local university students. Visitors can enjoy beautiful landscapes, natural water streams and cold weather with wind.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)