Nelum Pokuna (Lotus Pond) is an ancient pond with a unique design made by ancient Sri Lankan architects. It is located in the ancient city of Polonnaruwa in North Central Province, Sri Lanka. The pond got its name because of its design which looks like a bloomed lotus flower. This pond is somewhat small compared to the other ponds found in the ancient city of Polonnaruwa and it is built with stones. The structural design of the Nelum Pokuna Theatre also has been inspired by this Lotus Pond.
This pond is unnoticed by many of the visitors since it is located somewhat away from the other famous ruins. The pond is located on the left side of the road to the Thiwanka Pilimage, after the Demala Maha Seya.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Nearby Locations
- Baddhasima Prasadaya is the Pohoyageya or Uposathagharaya (Chapter House) of the monks of Alahana Piriwena where they rehearsed the codes of discipline (Especially CHECK IT OUT
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)