Diyasuru Park is an urban wetland park which is located in Sri Jayawardanapura, the administrative capital of Sri Lanka, at the vicinity of the Parliament. It is an ideal place to relax in busy and crowded and noisy Colombo. The park is spread over an area of 60 acres. The park showcases a range of wetland habitats such as marshes, flooded woodlands, lakes, and ponds including wonders of urban wildlife in Colombo.
More than 230 animal species have been recorded from the park including many rare and migrant birds, butterflies, dragonflies, mammals, many types of fishes including endemics, amphibians, and reptiles.
Park offers many features and activities for visitors to have unique wetland experience in the middle of the city. These features include bird watching tower, bird hide, butterfly garden, organic agriculture area, open study area, buildings which are adaptive to nature, boardwalks to enjoy the beauty of the wilderness while walking through the wetland, plant nursery, ecology laboratory, ample parking and restroom facilities.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)