Samadhi Buddha Statue is a sitting Buddha’s statue and it is considered as one of the best sculpture created during the Anuradhapura era. It is located in Anuradhapura district of North Central Province, Sri Lanka. The statue with the height of 7 feet and 3 inches has made with dolomite marble. In this statue, the Buddha is depicted in the position of the Dhyana Mudra, the posture of meditation associated with his first Enlightenment. Some scholars say Samadhi statue belongs to 3rd century BC and others say it belongs to 2nd or 3rd century AD.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Nearby Locations
- Sandakada Pahana (or Moonstone) is a semi-circular stone slab usually seen at the bottom of staircases of ancient religious places CHECK IT OUT
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)