Kanneliya Forest Reserve is located in Galle District of the Southern Province, Sri Lanka. The forest is considered as a tropical humid forest and it is the largest of Kanneliya – Dediyagala – Nakiyadeniya (KDN) forest complex.
Kanneliya is a wet, evergreen forest snuggly ensconced in Udugama, Galle and is a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city of Galle. The Kanneliya forest was declared as a forest reserve in 1934 by the Gazette no. 8062. The UNESCO also designated this forest complex as a Biosphere Reserve in 2004.
Enter your current location in the search box below the map to find the best route to the Kanneliya Forest Reserve.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Nearby Locations
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)