Udawattakele is a natural forest located in the middle of the Kandy City, behind Sri Dalanda Maligawa (Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic). The forest is 257 acres in area and has a long history dating back to many centuries. There is a large verity of birds, animals, and butterflies belonging to various species in the forest. you can find a variety of trees including talipot trees, olive, cinnamon, rattan cane, bo-trees, kitul palms, jak, mara, betel nut, areca nut, Nuga, Pihimbiya, Niyaghala, Walla, Mee, Etamba, Sapu, Malaboda and Mahogany in this forest.
The Udawattakele forest reserve which had been used as a royal park during the reign of the Kandyan kings was declared a forest reserve by the British by an extraordinary gazette notification under the Forest Conservation Ordinance.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)