Baddhasima Prasadaya is the Pohoyageya or Uposathagharaya (Chapter House) of the monks of Alahana Piriwena where they rehearsed the codes of discipline (Especially the pati mokka). It is located in Polonnaruwa District of North Central Province, Sri Lanka.
The remaining pillars and brick walls suggest that there had been a multi-storied building and according to the Mahavamsa, there had been a twelve storied building. As such, this may be the largest of the Uposathaghara in the Island. The central Platform of the building was to locate the relic casket while four monks seated on the stone pedestal facing the cardinal directions read the code of discipline.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Nearby Locations
- This Siva Devalaya is the oldest Hindu shrine found in Ancient City of Polonnaruwa, Sri Lanka. It was built by CHECK IT OUT
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)