The Somawathiya Stupa is said to be enshrined the right tooth relic of Lord Buddha. It is located in Somawathiya Rajamaha Vihara premises in Polonnaruwa District of North Central Province. The area in which the temple located belongs to the Somawathiya National Park as well. The stupa was built during the reign of the King Kavanthissa (205–161 BC ) and it was named after his sister called princes Somawathi.
Enter your current location in the search box below the map to find the best route to the Somawathiya Stupa.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
- Nearby Locations
- Baddhasima Prasadaya is the Pohoyageya or Uposathagharaya (Chapter House) of the monks of Alahana Piriwena where they rehearsed the codes of discipline (Especially CHECK IT OUT
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)