The Seethawaka Wet Zone Botanic Gardens is located in Ilukovita, Avissawella of Colombo District. It was opened to the public in the year 2014 and it is the youngest botanical garden in Sri Lanka. The total land area of the garden is 105 acres.
This is a nice place to escape from the busy Colombo within 1 to 2 hours. Because of the greenish surrounding and hilly areas you will feel like you are entering the up country when you go there.
The park is mainly two parts. The lower part is well maintained with perfectly cut grasses and beautiful flower beds. The most interesting part of this lower area is the lake. The lake add more beauty to the garden. Visitors can have fun with paddle boats on the lake,
The other part of the park is a hilly area. The path to the hill is bit long and the journey is bit tired. Along the route to the hill you can see trees of lots of varieties. You can enjoy walking there with your friends. If you do not like walking, you can arrange a golf cart to go around the park.
However, not like in other upcountry gardens here in sunny days you will find bit difficulty to enjoy the nature.
To find the best route from your location, enter your current location in the text box bellow the map and hit the “get direction” button.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)